Incoming First-Year Students
Qualifications to apply:
- Students with a 3.8 weighted core GPA and 28 ACT superscore or SAT equivalent are eligible
- Students with at least a 3.8 weighted core GPA applying without test scores may be reviewed for Honors & Scholars
- Apply to UT by November 2 via VIP or Common App and check the Honors & Scholars interest box
- You will be prompted to select the program in which you are interested from the following: 1794 Scholars, Chancellor’s Honors, and Honors Leadership
- Students who submit an honors application for 1794 Scholars, Chancellor’s Honors, and Honors Leadership received by the early action deadline will be notified by mid-December
- Applications received after the early action deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Haslam Scholars Program:
- The Haslam Scholars Program seeks to attract and hone the leaders of tomorrow for the State of Tennessee
- Students interested in the Haslam Scholars Program should apply to the university by the early action deadline
- Following submission of university application, qualified students will receive an email with an application link
- Applications are due December 15 and applicants will be notified of progression status by mid-January
- The UT Competitive Scholarship Application must also be completed by December 15 to be considered for the Haslam Scholars Program
Current and Transfer Students
Both the Chancellor’s Honors Program and the 1794 Scholars Program accept applications from current UT students. The 1794 Scholars Program also accepts students transferring from other higher education institutions.
*Current students are defined as students who are currently enrolled in coursework at the university. These students either currently are completing or have already completed their first semester on campus. Incoming first-year students must apply through the VIP portal.
Chancellor’s Honors Program Application Requirements
Students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville can apply to join the Chancellor’s Honors Program during their first or second semester. In order to be considered, students must have a minimum 3.65 cumulative university GPA and have completed at least one honors course. For a list of honors courses approved for the CHP, click here. Application deadlines for the Chancellor’s Honors Program are December 15 and May 15. If admitted, students will begin the program the semester following their application.
1794 Scholars Program Application Requirements
Students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville can apply to join the 1794 Scholars Program if they have at least two full academic years remaining at the university. In order to be considered, students must have a minimum 3.25 cumulative university GPA at the time of application. Applications for the 1794 Scholars Program are accepted between February 15 and May 15. If admitted, students will begin the program the following fall semester.
All interested current students should apply via the link below. Applications will be reviewed holistically.
1794 Scholars Program Transfer Application Requirements
After being admitted to UT, qualifying transfer students receive an invitation to apply at their registered email address. To be eligible for admission, transfer students must have a minimum 3.50 GPA and at least two full academic years at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The application deadline for the 1794 Scholars Program is June 1. If admitted, students will begin the program the following fall semester.