Get to know the Honors and Scholars Programs at the Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation session! Join fellow incoming honors students and the Honors & Scholars staff for an evening that will prepare you to become an Honors Vol. Designed as a complement to UT’s two-day general orientation, this evening session maximizes students’ time on campus by introducing them to the expectations of a college honors program while creating connections to the staff and community that will support them.
What to expect
The Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation session will introduce students to the honors experience at UT, give students a chance to make meaningful connections with honors students and staff members, and teach students about the specifics of their honors program. Each pre-orientation session will begin at 6:00 PM and end at 10:00 PM and take place in the Student Union. Students will be provided dinner and snacks during the session.
* While the Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation session is for students only, there will be an optional presentation for families from 6:00 -7:00 PM in the auditorium of the Student Union.
Students attending the Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation session are welcome to stay an additional night on campus the evening of their session. Accommodations can be made for Fred D. Brown Residence Hall for a charge of $27 for students due upon arrival. Overnight housing for the Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation is not included in your orientation registration fee.
Families may also take advantage of this housing option for $37.32 per person for a shared room or $45 per person for a private room.
How to register:
Visit nsfp.utk.edu/firstyearstudents to learn more about orientation, what you need to do to prepare, and to register for your session. When you’re ready to register…
- Select the “Registration” link on the right side of the page to find the orientation registration landing page.
- Click the “Register for Orientation” button.
- Log-in using your UT NetID and password.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to update your information for orientation.
- When asked to select your orientation session, select from sessions 34 (May 29-31), 35 (June 2-4), or 36 (June 5-6)* to register for an Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation session.
*Student registering for Session 36 will have an Honors & Scholars Post-Orientation*
All Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation are paired with an Honors Orientation Session so there is no need to register for an additional session. For example, if you register for session 34, you will attend the honors orientation on May 29 and general orientation May 30-31.
If you have questions about this experience please contact the following:
Honors & Scholars Pre-Orientation
Honors & Scholars Programs
New Vols Summer Orientation
New Student & Family Programs