1. Reserve your place in the honors program you’ve been invited to.
Log into your Academic Works account using your NetID and password to accept your offer of admission. Your seat will be held until May 1, 2018.
2. Complete your housing contract and the Living and Learning Community application of your choice*.
As a member of Honors and Scholars, you may choose to live with other members of your program in a Living and Learning Community your first year. The application for LLCs will be available starting in early February. Please continue to check the Housing website for up-to-date information. After you have confirmed your enrollment and paid your deposit, you can complete your housing contract via My UT Housing. Once your contract is submitted, an LLC application will appear in your My UT Housing homepage. To participate in an LLC, please complete the LLC application, and choose the LLC of your choice from the drop-down list. (*members of the Honors Leadership Program are required to live in the HLP LLC their first year)
3. Register for orientation.
Visit newvols.utk.edu to register for orientation. All honors students are asked to attend one of the first three sessions (May 31-June 1; June 4-5; & June 6-7) so that they can have the best fall class selection possible for incoming first-year students.
4. Begin checking your Volmail account.
You will be receiving important updates about honors opportunities and events, the university’s competitive scholarships, and other UT programs through Volmail, so be sure to check it on a regular basis.
Honors & Scholars Exclusive
- Honors Bridge Program: Honors and Scholars will offer a summer study abroad courses for incoming students in 2018. The Literary London program will provide incoming students the opportunity to study abroad before even stepping foot on campus through International Experiences 150, a one-hour credit. Honors Bridge is an exclusive chance to jump-start an interest in global issues, catch the travel bug, or meet a program requirement prior to the start of classes. An application for the program may be found here. Applications close March 19th, 2018.