The 1794 Scholars Program invites organizations to join us as we work to provide internship opportunities for our first- and second-year honors students. Often students at this stage of their undergraduate career are turned away from internship opportunities because of their age or lack of experience. Because our students are high achieving and eager to professionalize as early as possible, we hope to offer them unique opportunities early in their undergraduate career.
Students who successfully complete the 1794 Internship Program will receive a $500 scholarship. Additionally, based on their formal evaluations at the end of the program and a final reflection from the students, one student will receive an additional $250 scholarship.
Expectations of Internship-Granting Organizations:
- The internship will begin at or after the start of the spring semester
- The internship will last at least six week and not require students to continue after the end of the semester*
- The internship will require students to average 5 hours of work per week
- The internship will require an in-person interview, either on-site or in the Honors & Scholars Office
- The internship will provide on-site training with a clear explanation of expectations
- The supervisor will discuss with the intern any potential risks involved with the position and potential consequences of/strategies for mitigating those risks
- The supervisor will ensure that the student has adequate supervision
- The supervisor will provide periodic feedback, either written or in person, with a formal, written evaluation upon completing the program, submitted to both the student and the 1794 Assistant Director.
Expectations of Interns:
- The intern will complete an application and an in-person interview
- The intern will provide transportation to and from the organization
- The intern will show up on time, as scheduled for the duration of the internship
- The intern will act and dress according to the professional standards of the organization
- The intern will be receptive and responsive to supervisor feedback
Timeline for Internships (subject to change):
October 8th Organizations submit internship applications
October 16th Internship applications open for students to apply**
November 5th Internship applications close
December 1st Interviews completed
December 7th Candidates notified of offer