Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

CHP Course Petition

Please submit this form for any transfer credit (including study abroad coursework) for which you think honors credit is warranted. If Honors & Scholars grants your petition, it will count as one of your required honors courses but will not necessarily appear as “honors” on your UT transcript.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Enter course name/number that you completed at another institution.
  • Enter the term you completed the course.
  • What grade did you earn for the course? Note - we typically do not approve honors credit for courses in which you earned less than a B.
  • Where did you take the course?
  • How is the course transferring back to UT? Enter course subject and number here, as applicable.
  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 29 MB.
      Please upload any and all relevant documents. PDFs preferred.
    • In 350-500 words, describe the course and why you think it merits honors credit. Understand that approval does not mean the course will appear as honors on your transcript, only that it can be used as one of your required honors courses for CHP. Though we ultimately determine which category the course best fits, if you have a recommendation or request with regards to that, please mention it here.