The Chancellor’s Honors Program offers its students an honors experience that incorporates our program’s core values of intellectual curiosity, critical awareness, and social responsibility.
These core values translate into an interdisciplinary honors course curriculum combined with campus-wide academic engagement, service to the community, and exploration of global cultures. Additionally, students join an honors community through honors exclusive programming, living and learning communities, and resources such as honors advising and specialized grants that enrich the honors student’s experience.
- Interdisciplinary liberal arts honors curriculum
- Specialized Honors Advising in addition to each student’s college or departmental advising
- Faculty research and academic discourse through Becker Seminars
- Honors-specific study abroad courses
- Funding opportunities through honors research and Ready for the World grants
- In-depth exploration of an academic topic through the honors thesis/capstone project
Social and Cultural Engagement
- Twenty-five hours of community service per academic year
- International or intercultural experience through Ready for the World
- Student leadership opportunities through student groups such as Honors Council, Honors Ambassadors, and Honors Mentors
- Additional programming through faculty lecture series, film series, and pancake dinners