Skip to content

Chancellor’s Honors Program – Transfer Student Application

The Chancellor’s Honors Program annually admits students who transfer to UT from other accredited institutions of higher learning.

Students admitted via transfer admission must meet the same Required Honors Curriculum as their peers accepted as first-year students.

Applications from students who have undertaken and excelled in honors courses at their institutions of origin are given preference. Students must also be admitted to the University of Tennessee through the Undergraduate Admissions selection process.

Transfer Students

To apply for the Chancellor’s Honors Program, transfer students must be accepted to the University of Tennessee and submit an application to the CHP for review.

When selecting transfer students for membership in the CHP, consideration will be given to the student’s previous academic work and ability to complete the requirements of the CHP.

Transfer Student Application

Before entering the application:

  • Compile a list of your extra-curricular activities and/or any academic achievements.
  • Compose a 250 word essay on the value of an honors education.
  • Applicants must speak to a faculty member from whom you have successfully completed at least one college/university course and request that he/she submit a letter of recommendation. Faculty may submit recommendation letters through their university email account to OR by using their departmental letterhead and mailing the letter to the address below.
  • In order to process your CHP application, transfer students must send a copy of their transcripts to:

Sarah Hunter, Transfer Student Admission Chair
Chancellor’s Honors Program
130 Howard Baker Center
1640 Cumberland Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37996-3340

The Transfer Student Application deadline for Spring is December 15.  The application deadline for Fall is May 15th.

Transfer Student Application to the CHP

Step 1 of 5


The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.

Report an accessibility barrier