Honors & Scholars offers high-achieving transfer students the chance to hone their academic talents through the 1794 Scholars Program. This two-year program is designed to immerse scholars in an active campus lifestyle from day one. 1794 Scholars allows transfer students to continue challenging themselves within an academic community while providing the flexibility to be completed in two years.
Qualifications to Apply:
The 1794 Scholars Program is designed to kickstart high-achieving students’ participation on campus. Transfer students are a valuable part of our campus community and may apply to the program if they meet the following criteria:
- Scholars must have a minimum GPA of a 3.50 at their current institution.
- Scholars must expect to spend at least two full years (fall and spring semesters) at the University of Tennessee after enrollment in the program.
- Scholars must plan to enroll as a full-time student at UT’s Knoxville campus.
- After applying to UT, qualifying transfer students receive an invitation to apply to the 1794 Scholars Program at their registered email address.
- The application deadline for transfer students is June 1.
- All transfer students will be notified of their honors decision in mid-June.
- Accepted scholars must register for a section of UNHO 101 by July 1 to accept their place in the program.