Honors & Scholars offers high-ability students currently enrolled at UT the opportunity to enhance their education through two honors opportunities. The 1794 Scholars Program is a two-year program ideal for scholars applying after their first year at UT and looking for an honors program with flexible course requirements. The Chancellor’s Honors Program is a four-year program ideal for scholars applying after their first semester at UT who are interested in an honors experience that spans their collegiate career. Interested in learning which program is best for you? Explore the tabs below, and then schedule a meeting with our Admissions Coordinator!
*Current students are defined as students who are currently enrolled in coursework at the University of Tennessee. These students either currently are completing or have already completed their first semester on campus. Incoming first-year students must apply through a Go Vols account.
1794 Scholars Program
- Students may apply to join the 1794 Scholars Program if they have at least two full academic years remaining at the university.
- Students must have a minimum 3.25 cumulative university GPA at the time of application.
- The application for current students to 1794 Scholars opens February 15.
- The deadline to apply as a current student to 1794 Scholars closes May 15.
- If admitted, students will begin the program the following fall semester.
Chancellor’s Honors Program
- Students may apply to join the Chancellor’s Honors Program during their first or second semester at UT.
- Students must have a minimum 3.65 cumulative university GPA at the time of application.
- Students must have completed at least one honors course to be considered for the program. For a list of honors courses approved for the CHP, click here.
- Additionally, students will need to enroll in courses towards the English Composition Sequence.
- The deadline to apply as a current student to the Chancellor’s Honors Program for the spring semester is December 15.
- The deadline to apply as a current student to the Chancellor’s Honors Program for the fall semester is May 15.
- If admitted, students will begin the program the semester following their application.
All interested current students should apply via the link below during the appropriate application period. Applications will be reviewed holistically.