Honors & Scholars is co-sponsoring the UT Global Experiences Conference on March 25th. The 2017 Global Experiences Conference is a free event open to everyone in the UT community (students, faculty, staff) with an interest in international and intercultural experiences. This year’s conference will include presentations and poster sessions featuring first-hand experiences and a lunch with a keynote speaker.
We are looking for students interested in sharing their international endeavors abroad by submitting a presentation or poster proposal. We are seeking proposals that address any and all aspects of your experience (academic, personal, financial, and professional) and relate to this year’s conference theme, “Dream. Do. Discover.” Both individual and team presentations welcome. Awards will be given for best poster and presentation.
Presentation topics might include:
- Digesting your international experience and sharing it with family/friends
- Making the most of your international experience
- Funding your international experience
- Dealing with culture shock/reverse culture shock
- Planning subsequent international experiences
- Leveraging your international experience in job and graduate/professional school applications/interviews
- Integrating your international experience with your home university academic program
- Getting involved in international education opportunities here at UT
- Integrating into a new culture and studying in a new academic environment
- Experiencing living and studying abroad
- Communicating across cultural and language barriers
- Experiences interning, conducting research, teaching or volunteering abroad
- Experiences developing and managing international programs for students
Presenters are encouraged to participate in all conference events.
For more information and to submit your proposal, visit tiny.utk.edu/GECsubmit.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Presentation and poster submissions are due on FEBRUARY 28, 2017.
We hope you will share your knowledge, expertise, and personal experience to help make the 2017 Global Experiences Conference a beneficial opportunity for everyone in the UT community!