1. Reserve your place in the honors program you’ve been invited to.
Log into your Academic Works account using your NetID and password to accept your offer of admission. Your seat will be held until May 1, 2017.
2. Complete your housing contract and the Living and Learning Community application of your choice*.
As a member of Honors and Scholars, you may choose to live with other members of your program in a Living and Learning Community your first year. The application for LLCs will be available starting in early February. Please continue to check the Housing website for up-to-date information. After you have confirmed your enrollment and paid your deposit, you can complete your housing contract via My UT Housing. Once your contract is submitted, an LLC application will appear in your My UT Housing homepage. To participate in an LLC, please complete the LLC application, and choose the LLC of your choice from the drop-down list. (*members of the Honors Leadership Program are required to live in the HLP LLC their first year)
3. Register for orientation.
Visit newvols.utk.edu to register for orientation. All honors students are asked to attend one of the first three sessions (May 31-June 1; June 5-6; & June 8-9) so that they can have the best fall class selection possible for incoming first-year students.
4. Begin checking your Volmail account.
You will be receiving important updates about Honors opportunities and events, the university’s competitive scholarships, and other UT programs through Volmail, so be sure to check it on a regular basis.
Honors & Scholars Exclusives
- Honors Bridge Programs: Honors and Scholars will offer two summer study abroad courses for incoming students in 2017. The Literary London and Into the Heart of Panama programs will provide incoming students the opportunity to study abroad before even stepping foot on campus through International Experiences 150, a one-hour credit. Honors Bridge is an exclusive chance to jump start an interest in global issues, catch the travel bug, or meet a program requirement prior to the start of classes. An application for both programs may be found here. Applications close March 1st, 2017.
- Honors Ignite*: The Ignite Leadership Summitt is a fun-filled three-day event for incoming students who want to learn about leadership and UT traditions. For the incoming class of 2017, an exclusive honors-only Ignite session will be held June 2nd-4th. Honors Ignite will give students the opportunity to interact with current UT campus leaders, meet fellow incoming honors students, learn UT chants and cheers, and enjoy a weekend focused on their leadership development. More information about Honors Ignite and the link to register may be found here. (*All members of the Honors Leadership Program must attend the Honors Ignite session per program requirements)